Page Background Header

Company History


NavCom was incorporated in June 1932 as Mission Bell Radio. In December 1941, H. Leslie Hoffman purchased Mission Bell and renamed the company Hoffman Electronics Corporation. Hoffman continued as a major supplier of navigation and communication equipment to the U.S. Department of Defense until it was acquired by Gould Corporation in 1978 and became the NavCom Systems Division. As part of a planned restructuring program, Gould divested NavCom through a management buyout in November 1988.

1932

Incorporated as Mission Bell Radio

1942

Evolved into Hoffman Electronics Corporation

1964

Moved facility from Los Angeles to El Monte, CA

Awarded the AN/ARN-84 Airborne MicroTACAN

1973

Awarded the AN/APN-201 Pulse Dopler Radar Altimeter
HRA-100 Radio Altimeter

1976

Awarded the Navy standard AN/URN-25 TACAN Transponder

1978

Acquired by Gould Incorporated and
became the NavCom Systems Division

1981

Established Warner Robins, GA Facility

1982

Awarded the AN/APN-232 CARA

1988

Divested through management buyout and incorporated
as NavCom Defense Electronics Inc., a small business entity.

1989

Awarded the AN/UPM-155 Radar Test Set

2009

Moved facility from El Monte to Corona, CA